Metro Animal Emergency Clinic (MAEC) is a 24 hr Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care facility serving Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding areas since 1997. The largest veterinary facility in Nova Scotia, with strong relationships and many years of experience, our passionate doctors and staff have diverse backgrounds and are dedicated to enhancing the health and well being of their patients. With a supportive Board of Directors, we believe in continuous personal and professional betterment through growth opportunities and continuing education. Our recently updated facility supports staff so they can provide the best care possible for pets in almost any situation. We work closely with many rescue organizations as well as SPCA and Hope for Wildlife.
MAEC is hiring Veterinarians to our experienced, collaborative, team environment where the focus in on medicine and pets.
We offer generous compensation package including ongoing CE, uniform allowance, vacation and paid sick leave, benefits including medical/dental, life, disability and employee assistance program for eligible employees, VIN registration, veterinary membership dues and profit sharing.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
– A Valid Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Degree enabling practice in Canada
– Licence in Nova Scotia or eligibility to become licenced
– 5 yrs experience (preferred in emergency medicine)
– Excellent diagnostic skills
– Strong leadership skills and positive team player attitude to enable team efficiency
– Compassionate customer service to build client loyalty and trust
– Ability to stay focused and be effective under pressure
– Ability to work shiftwork that will include days, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Located in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) in Nova Scotia Canada, the area has a small town feel with the big city amenities. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Bay of Fundy, and the Northumberland Strait, from coastal beauty to the Cape Breton Highlands, you are never far from breathtaking scenery and peacefulness. HRM and Nova Scotia is culturally diverse, affordable and one of the fastest growing areas in Canada. Please email resumes to email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team.