August 15, 2022
Associate Veterinarian (Equine/Small animal)
Avon Animal Hospital
Windsor, Nova Scotia
Avon Animal Hospital has been proudly serving the community of Windsor and surroundings since 1994, offering both small animal and equine care. Our team of skilled and compassionate animal healthcare professionals strive daily to make a difference in the lives of our patients and clients. To ensure our four-legged friends are receiving top-notch care, we have a strong commitment to continuing education that allows us to stay current with emerging changes in veterinary medicine. All of our equine veterinarians are proud members of the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP).
We offer a wide variety of services, ranging from wellness examinations for small animals, vaccinations, in-clinic and on-site X-rays, soft tissue surgery, dental care, to comprehensive equine care (including medicine, surgery, dentistery, and equine reproduction). We also provide on-site visits for both small animals and equines, thanks to our mobile vet units.
Don’t miss out this fantastic opportunity to join us: we are looking to add to our team a small animal/equine Associate Veterinarian. In this role you will be sharing your time between small animals and equines. The ideal candidate is passionate about the community, and elevating the practice through exceptional patient and client care.
This is a great chance to work at a fully equipped facility (including a full in-house lab.) and to integrate a fun and supportive team where learning and development opportunities are endless! To learn more about us, watch this!
For any inquiries, or to submit your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Licensed (or eligibility) to practice veterinary medicine in Nova Scotia
- Strong knowledge of equine medicine
- Passion for what you do every day
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Excellent communication skills, both when dealing with clients and team members
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive compensation plus bonus potential
- Generous CE allowance
- Flexible schedule (both full-time and part-time hours available)
- Opportunity to learn hands-on from our hospital’s experienced staff
- Access to our network of over 1000 DVMs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Professional liability coverage
- Association dues and VIN membership
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
- Fairness, respect in the workplace
- Opportunity for personal, professional and financial growth
HOW WE KEEP OUR TEAM AND CLIENTS SAFE:
We take everyone’s safety very seriously. We have added safety measures so that our hospital can continue to provide essential services to animals in our region. We have implemented more intensive sanitation practices, online ordering, and other guidelines for physical distancing.
Avon Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we place a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
Small Animal Veterinarian – Cornwallis Veterinari…
Sep 26, 2022
Full Time Small Animal Veterinarian Required Cornwallis Veterinarians Ltd is a mixed animal Veterinary practice with two clinics located in the beauti…Read More
Veterinarian – Animal Surgery & Wellness Cen…
Sep 22, 2022
Animal Surgery and Wellness Centre, a well-respected Small Animal practice in Corner Brook Newfoundland, is searching for a compassionate Small Animal…Read More