October 10, 2021
Veterinary Assistant Instructor and Curriculum Development
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CANADA
Job Title: Veterinary Assistant Instructor and Curriculum Development
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: September 23, 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Range $20.00 – $24.00 dependent on experience
A Veterinary Assistant Instructor and Curriculum Developer participates in the modification and delivery of developed curriculum for Veterinary assisting education, in conjunction with other Veterinary faculty. The Position continues to evaluate and modify the delivery of curriculum if and when necessary, to ensure that student objectives are being met.
Immediate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing power point presentations and evaluation material from developed Veterinary Technology material to meet Veterinary Assistant level
- Developing new material (PowerPoint and evaluation) for specific Veterinary Assistant modules
- Participation in ongoing development and research for program
- Collaboration with other Veterinary faculty with ongoing projects
- Development of labs and new lesson plans as necessary
- Delivery of developed material in classroom and hands on settings
- Continued participation in faculty development
- Ensure student needs are being met
- To evaluate individual students in a constructive manner
- To ensure all students are being educated in accordance with program policies
- To ensure that the goal of a standard between instructors for student evaluations are met and exceeded
- Must be licensed as a Registered Veterinary Technician in good standing with the NSVMA
- 5 years minimum of practical experience
- Extensive customer service experience is an asset, as well as an understanding of multiple veterinary software programs to ensure productive delivery of material
- Prior teaching experience as an asset
- Enthusiasm in teaching methodology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Collaborative attitude with team members
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design and development of curriculum.
- Good computer (Microsoft office) and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written; research, develop, present, and promote projects; work independently; prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of VT & VA curriculum and instruction
- This position requires a flexible schedule.
- Evenings and weekends may be required, must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Driver’s license is required
- Must maintain good standing with the NSVMA
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to lift and carry heavy weights regularly.
- Working conditions include working alone, working outside in varying weather conditions, frequent interruptions, and some meetings.
Hours of Work
Hours of work are a minimum of 30 hours per week. Work responsibilities will be scheduled as per the needs of the Nova Scotia SPCA and could occasionally require overtime to meet the needs of the position.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. SPCA provides a competitive salary and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to Elizabeth Murphy.
Please quote “VA Instructor” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Veterinarian (Full or Part Time) – Highland Anima…
Oct 19, 2021
Highland Animal Hospital is seeking a Veterinarian (Full or Part time) to add to its staff. We are located in Port Hawkesbury (Eastern Nova Scotia) an…Read More
Veterinarian – Truro Veterinary Hospital (111721)
Oct 18, 2021
Veterinarian Needed – Healthy workplace culture is especially important to our team at Truro Vet. We hold everyone accountable to our core values, in…Read More