September 1, 2021
The Nova Scotia SPCA College of Animal Welfare is seeking Veterinarians to write curriculum for a new Veterinary Technology training program.
Courses requiring content include:
Anatomy and Physiology – 100 lecture hours/30 lab hours
Clinical Pathology level 2 – 80 lecture hours/30 lab hours
Surgical Nursing – 58 lecture hours/60 lab hours
Large Animal Nursing- 65 lecture hours/27 lab hours
Nursing Level 2 – 100 lecture hours/30 lab hours
Radiology and Advanced Imaging – 40 lecture hours/9 lab hours
Clinical Pathology Level 3 – 65 lecture hours/24 lab hours
Exotics, Wildlife and Laboratory Animal Medicine – 60 lecture hours/18 lab hours
Dentistry – 40 lecture hours/24 lab hours
Emergency and Critical Care – 51 lecture hours/21 lab hours
VTNE preparation – 39 lecture hours
Large Animal Nursing Level 2 – 40 lecture hours/24 lab hours
The successful candidates will:
- Have excellent knowledge of the subject matter and the level at which a Veterinary Technician must be competent for each subject area.
- Able to create interesting and interactive lectures and laboratory/ hands sessions to ensure the students learn both the academic subject and to be able to perform the related skills with excellence.
- Will work with our team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Technicians to create a complete, cohesive program and so must be willing to work with the team.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, word, excel, Microsoft teams and veterinary software are essential.
- Program is to be written in English and the candidates must be fluent in both oral and written English.
Individuals can choose what content they would like to develop.
The deadline for completed curriculum for one of the listed courses above is December 31, 2021.
Compensation depending on quality and volume of material produced – for good quality work will pay up to $50 per hour for development of curriculum.
Additional information surrounding the learning goals/content required for each course will be shared when we connect to discuss project more fully.
Remote working capability is available.
Send expressions of interest to Elizabeth Murphy at email@example.com
Veterinarian – Truro Veterinary Hospital (101721)
Sep 15, 2021
Veterinarian Needed – Healthy workplace culture is especially important to our team at Truro Vet. We hold everyone accountable to our core values, in…Read More
Primary Care Veterinarian – Emergency Services …
Sep 15, 2021
UNIVERSITY OF PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND ATLANTIC VETERINARY COLLEGE – VETERINARY TEACHING HOSPITAL EMERGENCY SERVICE PRIMARY CARE VETERINARIAN FULL-T…Read More