August 9, 2022
“Pet obsessed” Registered Veterinary Technician Wanted
Do your friends say that you are a little “Pet obsessed”?
Are you an amazing Learner / Multitasker / Paw Shaker?
Are you looking for a meaningful career, where every team member is important?
Does providing the best pet care possible matter to you?
At the Shediac Veterinary Hospital, Our Passion is Pets.
As an independently owned small animal hospital, our Veterinary Technicians are imperative to our success. We promote a family-like culture and we believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through our remarkable care for pets. We also promote well-being by providing an outdoor private patio for our team members to eat lunch or just to take a short “mental break” from the busy day in addition to our indoor kitchenette. Monthly treats and/or cakes are enjoyed as we celebrate birthdays and other special events.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a positive attitude, who share in our team’s values of providing quality care. To be our ideal Veterinary Technician candidate, you must be a team player who demonstrates compassion and care to clients, patients, and co-workers alike. You must be reliable, able to work independently, follow-through, have good client communication skills, flexible, willing to learn and have a strong work ethic. New graduates are also encouraged to apply.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for and learn to do the following:
- Positively contribute to the team
- Conduct themselves professionally and respectfully with a diverse team and clientele
- Have open communication with co-workers, colleagues and management
- Create a welcoming environment for our patient and clients
- Provide excellent customer service
- Preventative care, Surgery and Emergency medicine
- Surgery intakes, drug calculations, inductions, intubation, anesthesia monitoring, lab work, client education, nutritional consults, and more.
Our hospital includes an in-house lab, and comprehensive services, which includes:
- Digital radiology, including dental
- Blood, Urine and Fecal analysers
- Surgery suite
- Dentistry suite
- Fear Free Certification (in progress)
- Paper light
We value your health and well-being, as well as those of your pets. With our team you will be provided with the following benefits:
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Extended Health Care – Psychology, Physio, Chiro etc.
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time for Continuing Education
- Paid Licencing fees
- All statutory holidays off
- Heavily discounted veterinary care and pet supplies
- Competitive wages
- Uniform allowance
- No emergency on-call
Requirements and Assets:
- Language requirements: English is essential.
- Available for rotating evenings: Monday and/or Thursday evening until 8:30pm
- Available for rotating Saturday mornings from 9am-12:30pm
- Experience required with word processors (MS Word or similar)
- Experience required with email management systems (MS Outlook or similar)
- Required: Vaccinated for Covid-19
If you are seeking an opportunity with a team that inspires growth, learning and working in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you.
Send your resume and cover letter through this posting or to our amazing officer manager and RVT, Jennifer at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We strive to providing the highest quality of care to patients through our community-focused practice. Check us out on our website www.shediacvet.ca , Facebook or Google.
The Shediac Veterinary Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Veterinarian – Animal Surgery & Wellness Cen…
Sep 22, 2022
Animal Surgery and Wellness Centre, a well-respected Small Animal practice in Corner Brook Newfoundland, is searching for a compassionate Small Animal…Read More
RVT – Russell Lake Animal Hospital (112122)
Sep 21, 2022
Who are we looking for? We are looking for someone that is outgoing and has strong client relations skills, someone who is committed to excellence in…Read More