September 7, 2020
No. Cosmetic surgery for the purpose of having the animal’s appearance confirm to a breed standard or tradition, which alters the appearance of an animal for purely cosmetic purposes is prohibited.
Surgeries due to injury or for reasons of animal health are not considered to be cosmetic surgery.
Examples of cosmetic procedures include:
- tail docking in the equine species
- tail docking in the bovine species
- tail docking in the canine species
- tail docks in newborn puppies
- dewclaw removal in newborn puppies
- tail alteration (nicking / setting) in the equine species
- ear cropping
- onychectomy (de-claw) in species other than the domestic cat
The Legislative amendment came into effect on April 1, 2010.
Veterinarian – Sydney Animal Hospital (030222)
Dec 2, 2021
Employer: Sydney Animal Hospital Position: Associate Veterinarian Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time Location: Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scoti…Read More
Veterinarian – Pet Focus Spryfield Animal Hospita…
Nov 26, 2021
Associate Veterinarian Spryfield Animal Hospital Halifax, Nova Scotia https://can61.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/vetstrategy/Site/VSCAREER/P…Read More