September 7, 2020
No. Cosmetic surgery for the purpose of having the animal’s appearance confirm to a breed standard or tradition, which alters the appearance of an animal for purely cosmetic purposes is prohibited.
Surgeries due to injury or for reasons of animal health are not considered to be cosmetic surgery.
Examples of cosmetic procedures include:
- tail docking in the equine species
- tail docking in the bovine species
- tail docking in the canine species
- tail docks in newborn puppies
- dewclaw removal in newborn puppies
- tail alteration (nicking / setting) in the equine species
- ear cropping
- onychectomy (de-claw) in species other than the domestic cat
The Legislative amendment came into effect on April 1, 2010.
Veterinarian – Animal Surgery & Wellness Cen…
Jun 24, 2022
Animal Surgery and Wellness Centre, a well-respected Small Animal practice in Corner Brook Newfoundland, is searching for a compassionate Small Animal…Read More
Associate Veterinarian – Sackville Animal Hospita…
Jun 23, 2022
Associate Veterinarian Sackville Animal Hospital Lower Sackville, Halifax, Nova Scotia https://can61.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/vetstrate…Read More